It was a great pleasure to receive an invitation from CMETrust to train their youth (16 to 19 years) in Story telling and the fundamentals of making great photos while also thinking of captions that could help tell the story. Canada-Mathare Education Trust believes every child should be able to go to school. They also believe that education empowers people to change their communities for the better. Below are important notes shared today by our founder Mr. Wilson Masaka, who started his photography and blogging journey in 2009 while on an assignment in Zanzibar. Check out his blog at www.wilsenx.blogspot.com
Pre and Post Production: Making Great Photos Basic 101
- Know your camera (Mobile phone, DSLR, Brand Canon, Nikon, Lens etc.).
- Think of the moment or story line before the shoot (Pre-production).
- Be present and embrace the moments.
- Don’t stick to script too much, some great moments aren’t planned.
- Shoot as many shots as possible then select later.
- Understand the theme of the event, do’s and don’t.
- Take the right gear with you, for example, there are many types of lenses for different purpose
- Learn the basics from shutter speed, Aperture, ISO, Light, Composition, Rule of third, Golden hour and style.
- Build a portfolio on our way up, dedicate time for pro-bono work.
- Never sop learning and learn from your mistakes. Editing is a skill you must master in the post-production.
Some photos as captured;
Are you a youth group with a desire to Skill UP? Get in touch with us for a session in photography, creative entrepreneurship, social media marketing, blogging, graphic design, web development and personal branding (life skills) write to wilson.masaka[at]gmail.com or firstname.lastname@example.org