Crafting a business idea as creative (Musician, painters, guitarist, DJ, Graphic Designers, Photographer etc.).
On Saturday 1st February 2020 we engaged around 35 young creative on different pathways of kick start a business. Young people have the energy, diverse talent that can transform ecosystem of the creative sector to the next level as pacesetters.
There are few spaces in Easterlands that offer the platform for the youth to train, amplify their voices connect and innovate as per the market needs.
Hope Raisers Initiative is at the forefront in ensuring the youth get the much need support in terms of technical and creative skills.
In an ever evolving market young people need to learn more in diverse areas despite having the best talent. Some areas that pose the biggest challenge to their personal and career development as creative entrepreneurs are:
- Learn the art of self-marketing.
- How start a business model around their craft.
- How to forge the right or ideal partners
- How understand and plan around the What, Why, Who and How of the business.
- How to identify the right timing
- How to raise capital for their venture
- How to spot opportunity
- How to develop a person brand both offline and online
- Understand how to use the 5 P’s of business marketing mix to position their business strategically. The 5 P’s – People, Price, Product, Promotion and Place.
- Understand the problem they want to solve through their venture and identify who has the problem.
- Create a solution for the problem identified and describe the solutions in terms of benefits it provide to consumers or customer (target group).
- Create a value proposition on how they (customer and venture) will measure value offered.
- Create a budget on how they will utilize the funds available in starting a small venture using $500.
This was a more practical session whereby we used 20% to explain different insights and 80% used for group discussion and presentation as illustrated on the pictures below.