In everything that we do we pick great learning lessons that we share and also archive for an even greater event next time. In case you are planning an event for the youth, for example, during the school holiday targeting at least fifty people below are some of the points you should consider. These are the pathways to the successful Skill-UP event that was held on 14th April 2018 at the GoDown Arts Centre.
10 Points to Consider While Designing Events; #WilseninitiativeDiary
- Choose a team, develop action plan and allocate tasks.
- Develop a budget and source for funds to support the budget.
- Design the theme and purpose (Concept note and why analysis).
- Think of the entire brand.
- Agree on schedule for follow up meetings.
- Contact your external team in good time for their preparation (Facilitators, suppliers etc).
- Develop a communication strategy (social media and general communication)
- Document the event from start to the end ( meetings, photos, videos, social media posts etc).
- Develop a registration system (confirmations, inform and engage).
- Evaluate the event (what went well and what needs to be improved)
Branding of SKill-UP design and concept by Wilson Masaka www.wilsenx.blogspot.com