#SkillUP2019 #YOUTHSPACE It was a success! Thanks to all who came and we do hope you learned something remember you need 20% knowledge or information 80% is your behavior while as for ideas you only require 1% and 99% in your ACTION.
Main Topic: Achieving financial freedom as young people (Saving plan, investment, starting a business, partnerships etc.
Main Objective: Introduce to the youth the principle of money and how to create a sustainable financial portfolio or culture through acquired skills, knowledge, business, partnerships etc.
#sustainability #partnerships #business #leadership #networking #training #coaching #startup
We want to partner with many individual professionals and organizations in reaching out many young people who come from marginalized or disadvantaged communities. SKILL UP is about lifelong learning mostly focusing on a daily experiences which some haven’t been captured in the same ways in the confines of a classroom.
Get in touch if you would like to learn more about our program. Email email@example.com
Bridging the Gaps…
Wilsen is a true story of a young person working hard in a society where there seems to be no opportunities with predisposed challenges from family life, community life, access to better education, peer pressure etc.
We see a problem in our society, where many young people at the age from 16yrs to 30yrs face lack of opportunities to develop their very personal skills to the best possible degree they want them. What we see, is a school system, that is mainly driven by the preparation for employment, focusing on the relevant skills to fulfil employers need – while the development of personal skills, talents and interests in art (like painting, photography, dance, music etc.) is not part of the core curriculum. Which leaves young people, who wish to dig deeper into these fields, alone and without support on this journey…
WILSEN is an Acronym which stands for;
- Willpower: Everybody has the power of choice which determines the consequences of how our future will look like.
- Inspiration: Ask the What, Who, Where, When, How? In connection to finding what inspires you in driving positive change, self discovery, career mapping, role models etc.
- Learning: Self learning is the greatest tools you have in your personal tool box of capacity building. Your learning curve will always be shaped by what you do on a daily basis and the interest you develop around a subject. Self learning with a great purpose and determination will lead to a prosperous future.
- Success: What’s success look like in your own world? And how do you know you have succeeded? Mapping and tracking your success paths will always trigger great enthusiasm from dreaming to reality by taking action.
- Exploration: Explore new areas of interest, don’t lock your dreams and potentials in silos, be flexible to learn something new whilst this will shape your career path, and in depth interest. Visit new places, interact with diverse cultures, meet new people and the list is endless. Exploration will unlock new potentials and create new paradigms. Our future is shaped by what we are exposed to, be at the right place at the right time!
- Network: “Your Network is your Net worth”. – Porter Gale; Connect with people who will inspire you to become even better and help boost your learning curve and connections. Collaborate with others whilst it will build strong bridges and pillars of support for your ideas, provide mentor-ship, coaching and new opportunities.
Based on a true story of the founder at Wi. Journey since 1997…
Through the campaign we were able to reach 20 kids with football and football boots. Thanks to everyone who participated in the donation. There are still many who are still in need, so don’t hesitate to connect us with any pairs that you are not using.