Experiencing the VISION MAGIC…. from Wilsen Initiative diary #YouthGroups #Youth101 Wi. experience…
10 points To Ensure Teams Success
- Do your search in finding the vision match in your team.
- Exploit your strength grow your weak links.
- Consult and brainstorm widely.
- Plan and communicate effectively.
- Maximize on your shared values
- Recruit based on complementing career paths.
- Don’t compete but rather compliment each other.
- Praise in public, correct in private.
- Build a working culture ( systems, procedure, standard operation etc.)
Wilsen Initiative (Wi) Steering team 2018 from left to right: Danstan Ochieng, Belinda Nyamboki, Cynthia Kihu, Jane Ruguru Wanjiku, Minnie Kang’ethe and Wilson Masaka
1% Ideas + 99% Action = 100% Optimum Success
Plus One Talent (POT) organizes training workshops, discussion forums, and inspirational talks for young people between 16 – 35 years, with a target to train on subjects that will enhance skills development and talent nurturing with an aim of raising awareness about promoting self discovery and cultures that seek to strive transformation of different realities.
- Connecting the young people with the extras (Plus One) that they need to grow their skills and especially their talents which are unique and needs to be tapped into and managed wisely by them to avoid exploitation by others.
- Creating a collaborative culture which encourages co-creations amongst young people.
- Striving for transformation of different realities/ stimulating positive change in the societies through young people’s talents and skills.
- Creating a platform for creative and innovative ideas that promote equality and opportunity.
- Encouraging open dialogue, where youth and other positive social groups can connect.Concept: We take a more participatory approach that engages everyone as an individual or groups.
Immediate goal: To triggers new patterns for lifelong learning.
Participants: Maximum 50 who can work in groups of 10 or 5 depending with what the facilitator wants for achieve.
Meet Part of the Team – Plus One Talent
- Full profiles of the team coming soon!
From left to right;
- Ms. Linnette Wahome: Entrepreneur/ Rugby player and web develop
- Mr. Dan Ochieng : Entrepreneur/ Hock player and web developer and designer
- Mrs. Lilian Were: Entrepreneur and Web developer.
- Mr. Alex Simmitta: Web designer / Developer and Technician
Missing in the picture;
- Mr. Wilson Masaka: Social Entrepreneur/ Photographer/ Football coach and web developer.
- Ms. Peninah Achieng: Entrepreneur and Web designer.
Doing more than one thing is our mantra as we continue to discover our potentials. We have come together to share and build these bridges for other people to learn and create a bigger network of knowledge economy, by the way most of the life lessons aren’t taught in school we learn through many platforms. You can’t miss to learn the 21st Century Employability skills in whatever career choice, this marks our call for Plus One in whatever you do!
21st Century Employability skills
- Planning and organizing
- Problem solving
- Self management
- Initiative and enterprise
- Technology and learning
Our team is on a continuous mission to learn all the above!
We Support UN Sustainable Millennium Development Goals:
Picture source and read more on https://sustainabledevelopment.un.org/sdgsproposal
How to Get Involved
The event is supported by contributions from the members, join this team and share your resources in terms of time, expertise, space, funds, material etc. Get in touch with email@example.com
We invite you to join us this festive season in this campaign to help the underground soccer players keep the hope of pursuing their soccer careers by avoiding unnecessary injuries. Christmas is a season of giving, be a blessing to the young soccer player by buying a soccer shoes /boots. Every end of the year we invite friends and our wider network help us buy or donate soccer kits for our community clubs who lack the necessary equipments to pursue their soccer talents. In 2013 we reached 20 young soccer players, this time we want to double the number and we count you as part of our team who is going to build more BRIDGES in 2015 and beyond. The Champion in YOU… Let us build MORE bridges 2015 We wish you all and your families and merry Christmas and a prosperous 2015. Please send your contribution to; Wilson Masaka ( Founder Wilsen Initiative) firstname.lastname@example.org (M-pesa) +254 721 898 710 Join us on; Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/wilsenx Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/wilsenx http://www.wilseninitiative.wordpress.com http://www.wilsenx.com http://wilsenx.blogspot.com/2013/08/change-that-starts-from-within.html You may organise donation of soccer shoes / boots from number 7 to 11 UK size. Thanks in advance!