It was a great pleasure to receive an invitation from CMETrust to train their youth (16 to 19 years) in Story telling and the fundamentals of making great photos while also thinking of captions that could help tell the story. Canada-Mathare Education Trust believes every child should be able to go to school. They also believe that education empowers people to change their communities for the better. Below are important notes shared today by our founder Mr. Wilson Masaka, who started his photography and blogging journey in 2009 while on an assignment in Zanzibar. Check out his blog at www.wilsenx.blogspot.com
Pre and Post Production: Making Great Photos Basic 101
- Know your camera (Mobile phone, DSLR, Brand Canon, Nikon, Lens etc.).
- Think of the moment or story line before the shoot (Pre-production).
- Be present and embrace the moments.
- Don’t stick to script too much, some great moments aren’t planned.
- Shoot as many shots as possible then select later.
- Understand the theme of the event, do’s and don’t.
- Take the right gear with you, for example, there are many types of lenses for different purpose
- Learn the basics from shutter speed, Aperture, ISO, Light, Composition, Rule of third, Golden hour and style.
- Build a portfolio on our way up, dedicate time for pro-bono work.
- Never sop learning and learn from your mistakes. Editing is a skill you must master in the post-production.
Some photos as captured;
Are you a youth group with a desire to Skill UP? Get in touch with us for a session in photography, creative entrepreneurship, social media marketing, blogging, graphic design, web development and personal branding (life skills) write to wilson.masaka[at]gmail.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
The cost of learning new skills at the institution is still high, leaving many young people from disadvantaged background to wonder where to start. Many are left out either because of cost or they can’t meet the selection criteria. At Wilsen Initiative (Wi) we offer quality short trainings that wouldn’t be a means to an end, but start up journey that will ignite a new beginning in self learning using available resources, especially the internet.
“ Passion and talent isn’t enough, you need to continually sharpen your skills.” Wilson Masaka, Founder Wilsen Initiative
Who Can Participate?
- Creative entrepreneurs who want to hit the ground running after college.
- Youth groups who want to be able to represent their personal brand in a more better and professional ways.
- Schools that want to engage their students in creative approach and thinking using computers and painting sessions.
- Self-starters pursuing a career in the creative industry (Musicians, comedians, painters etc.).
What We Offer
We offer short courses in Photography, Social Media Marketing, Content Creation, Blogging, Basic Graphic Design, Business model canvas, Soft skills, Branding, Creative Writing, Financial literacy, Painting sessions and Internet Research.
How Much and Number of people?
- We train a minimum of 10 people to a maximum of 30 people in a session.
- Minimum session: 3 days for the module offered.
- Any customized session: A time frame and charges will be given.
- Each session : Kes 300 per person
When & Where?
Sessions will take place at the client’s premise or at an arranged location with the client. The client is responsible for space, training materials, internet connectivity, computers and other logistics for the participants.
Contact us on:-