The Gap in the Society.
We see a problem in our society, where many young people from the ages of 16 yrs to 35 yrs face a lack of opportunities to develop their personal skills to the best possible degree they want. What we see, is a school system mainly driven by the preparation for employment and less emphasis on self-employment. The development of personal skills and interests in art (like painting, photography, dance, sport, music etc) and talent is not part of the core curriculum. This situation leaves young people, who wish to dig deeper into these fields, alone and without support on their journey of exploring and utilizing their skills and talents for prosperity.
Many young out on the streets, just “hanging out”, getting in touch with, from our perspective, negative influencing factors like violence, drugs, tribalism as a method for them to express themselves, to get the feeling of being accepted, to get the sense of belonging to a peer group or other social groups. In addition, we see a lack of, again in our perspective, positive role models, who can help young people to find their way, discover their inner strength and desire at an early stage to influence their personal development in a positive way.
Above described causes form the foundation and starting point in our project to move further. But beside to them, we also see some other relevant root causes, which we at least want to note down and consider them as we move forward in helping create a more sustainable community.
There is a general lower acceptance and value seen in areas of entrepreneurship, art and sport since our current society seems to be primarily money driven than also focusing on values for prosperity.
We see a problem in our society, where many young people lack opportunities, knowledge and mentors to develop their very personal skills and talents to the best possible degree they want them to boost their social economic well being. This problem can be understood across five main subjects;
- Access to quality education
- Employ-ability skills
- Skills and Knowledge transfer
- Lifelong learning
- Emerging digital gaps.
Call for Partnership,Support or Collaborations
Our main areas of operation: Our work is aligned towards training children (10yrs – 16yrs), youth and women (18yrs – 35 yrs) on 21st century skills (Collaboration, Teamwork, Creativity, Imagination, Critical thinking and Problem solving) that provides a holistic training that will help them in developing their chosen careers.
1. Co-hosting master classes and boot camps at different locations. Sponsored or paid for by participants.
2. Joint programming and resource mobilization to reach out to the targeted audience especially youth and women.
3. Referral and linkages for possible networks to support our work.
4. Donate time: Become a Wilsen Initiative brand ambassador, mentor, advisor or facilitator.
1. Partner with Wilsen Initiative (Wi) in conducting ICT and lifeskill related courses and activities targeting the youth and women.
2. Organize events / campaigns that targets youth and women in leadership, ICT and employ-ability.
3. Host sponsored or paid events ( master classes and boot camps ) for the youth and women.
4. Joint fundraising for youth and women related programs.