#MeetOurTeam2018 Our steering team 2018, is tasked with the responsibility of running Wilsen Initiative [Plus One Talent and Skill-Up program]. http://www.wilsen-initiative.org
10 key roles of the steering team;
1. Administrations support
2. Resource mobilization
3. Research and Development
4. Partnerships & Spotting opportunities
5. Conducting master sessions (Skill-Up)
7. Brand ambassadors
8. Strategic direction
9. Organizing events
10. Sustainability – think tank
Your support in achieving the above is much appreciated, contact anyone at the steering team. Minnie Kang’ethe, Wilson Masaka, Jane Ruguru Wanjiku, Danstan Ochieng and Belinda Nyamboki
Today our junior team (Mathare North Rangers Jnr. U12) traveled to Parklands to play a friendly match with Soccer School Kenya. . The match ended in a 2-2 draw, with great learning lessons from both teams.
Soccer School Kenya works with kids from all backgrounds with the aim of giving them an opportunity to hone their skills by availing the right environment, equipment and coaching staff. We share the same values at Wilsen Initiative whereby we support our club in nurturing their skills and talents. The soccer exchange program is part of our philosophy that provides an environment to interact with different groups while learning new skills. We share a lot with Soccer School Kenya, only that at the moment weren’t able to fully implement our soccer model due to lack of resources required from coaches, soccer shoes etc.
Soccer School Kenya Versus Mathare North Rangers Jnr. U12 Date 17.02.18
About Our Teams
Mathare North Rangers F.C (MNR) football club (U12, U14 and Over 16 years) is a project of Wilsen Initiative (Wi). Wilsen Initiative runs under three pillars, namely Inspiration, Connectivity and Education (ICE model).Our teams are vehicles of fostering understanding and create lasting relationships among the youth and their communities. Some of the skills the soccer players acquire directly or indirectly range from; leadership, teamwork, sportsmanship, good values, peace, decision making among others.
- Provide a safe environment for a soccer player at grassroots levels to grow into the next level of professionalism.
- We seek to nurture the young talents, in soccer by providing exposure outside our neighborhood.
- Offer quality training and mobilize for resources that would help the players to grow into the next levels of professionalism.
- We envisage traversing our country by playing friendly matches and tournaments that will foster understanding of cultural diversity and peace building in Kenya.
- We use football to help the youth explore more about their country and communities while learning about why they should embrace diversity in cultures, tribes and trends around. By doing so we shall be contributing to the national fabric of peaceful cohesion of people.
In a special way we want to thanks Wilson Masaka, Kamuzi Banda, Kenndey Onyago (Onyi), Coach Omore for their leadership, dedication and facilitation for all our teams. Lastly we want to thank Simon Mulama, Titus Mulama and the Soccer School Kenya for hosting us today at their fields.
Incase you want to be involved please write us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can help us in;
- Transport cost to and from venues.
- Buying or mobilizing of donation of playing kits for the players e.g soccer shoes, bibs, track suit etc.
- Training session for U12 and U14 players.
- Connect us with a friendly match outside our neighborhood.
Step by step we shall reach our goal!