“Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it.”
“Don’t aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.”
“True happiness involves the full use of one’s power and talents.”
John W. Gardner
Bridging the Gaps…
Wilsen is a true story of a young person working hard in a society where there seems to be no opportunities with predisposed challenges from family life, community life, access to better education, peer pressure etc.
We see a problem in our society, where many young people at the age from 16yrs to 30yrs face lack of opportunities to develop their very personal skills to the best possible degree they want them. What we see, is a school system, that is mainly driven by the preparation for employment, focusing on the relevant skills to fulfil employers need – while the development of personal skills, talents and interests in art (like painting, photography, dance, music etc.) is not part of the core curriculum. Which leaves young people, who wish to dig deeper into these fields, alone and without support on this journey…
WILSEN is an Acronym which stands for;
- Willpower: Everybody has the power of choice which determines the consequences of how our future will look like.
- Inspiration: Ask the What, Who, Where, When, How? In connection to finding what inspires you in driving positive change, self discovery, career mapping, role models etc.
- Learning: Self learning is the greatest tools you have in your personal tool box of capacity building. Your learning curve will always be shaped by what you do on a daily basis and the interest you develop around a subject. Self learning with a great purpose and determination will lead to a prosperous future.
- Success: What’s success look like in your own world? And how do you know you have succeeded? Mapping and tracking your success paths will always trigger great enthusiasm from dreaming to reality by taking action.
- Exploration: Explore new areas of interest, don’t lock your dreams and potentials in silos, be flexible to learn something new whilst this will shape your career path, and in depth interest. Visit new places, interact with diverse cultures, meet new people and the list is endless. Exploration will unlock new potentials and create new paradigms. Our future is shaped by what we are exposed to, be at the right place at the right time!
- Network: “Your Network is your Net worth”. – Porter Gale; Connect with people who will inspire you to become even better and help boost your learning curve and connections. Collaborate with others whilst it will build strong bridges and pillars of support for your ideas, provide mentor-ship, coaching and new opportunities.
Based on a true story of the founder at Wi. Journey since 1997…
Through the campaign we were able to reach 20 kids with football and football boots. Thanks to everyone who participated in the donation. There are still many who are still in need, so don’t hesitate to connect us with any pairs that you are not using.
We are a team of young professionals, role models and change makers who inspire positive change while we educate our peers to use their talents and skills for positive social change.
Football (Soccer) is our greatest vehicle in breaking all barriers of discrimination, tribalism, crime etc. We support and urge the youth to us their energies in participating in positive chains of event that promotes social inclusion, peace, unity, economic development among others.
Never underestimate the power of sports.
“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. It speaks to youth in a language they understand. It has a power to unite people in a way that little else does.”
– Nelson Mandela
Today we are proud to launch Wilsen Initiative (Wi) bags; Don’t just carry books, Carry ideas. Get yourself a copy and support Wilsen Initiative (Wi). More to come watch the space..
This idea was designed by our founder Mr. Wilson Masaka. We encourage creative ideas that would propel the initiative to either make new connections, earn revenue, create awareness etc. We support individual learning curves by showcasing what the youth can do for example bead works, T-shirt design and printing etc provided it is unique and it of best quality
Support our initiative by buying one or more…
Story Line T-shirt Edition 2014 ~ Design and launched by Wilsen Initiative Founder – Wilson Masaka
The extent to which the young people have great ideas on how they can influence positive change in their communities through their skills and talents is amazing. But the big question is where do we go wrong?
“When I reflect on my change making journey, it is clear that one needs to have great tenacity, focus and determination to move their ideas from a dream bubble to actual implementation. Currently, I am still in the development stages with the Wilsen Initiative (Wi) project and I always need to re-fuel new energies through continuous learning, and keeping my passion in check by doing what I love.”
Here are some TIPS from our journey;
- You need to develop mastery of your project road map by asking yourself the Why, What, When, Who & How questions.
- Collaborate with like minded people and those who complement your skills and are passionate about the cause.
- Use the Tell & Show principle; do something starting today with zero budgets. Some people ask how this is possible and I assure you money isn’t everything. You need to build a network of passionate team around you first before you ask for funds.
- Start today, DO IT and you will learn new skills and meet learning opportunities through various challenges in the process.
- Be passionate and love what you do.
- More action than words.
- Share your ideas, time and resources.
- Keep on evolving with time.
Celebrate failures and use them as a starting point of new discovery and learning.
On 1st May, a public holiday or day of festivities held in honor of working people called Labor Day, we launched the T-shirt DO IT edition which will seek to encourage a new generation of Doers, Leaders, Creative’s, Change makers etc, in our communities starting with implementing the simplest ideas evolving itself into a life changing project or business.
The storyline of the new t-shirts is called; Tell & Show -Turning Our Ideas into Action.
We are very happy for clinching the Easter holiday football tournament held at Drive In primary school last month. We thank our technical bench for their dedication, the team for their great team spirit and our supporters for rally behind us since the kick off. Lastly, we want to thank our area councilor Mr. Oscar Lore for his commitment in support the holiday tournaments in our areas.